Legal Case Study: Did This Agency Violate the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act When Trying to Collect an Old Student Loan Debt?
The resource you have requested is available only to current members.
This case study examines a number of potentially troubling actions by an aggressive collection agency charged with collecting a 12-year old student loan. She claims that the loans were discharged in bankruptcy. But the agency doesn't see it that way. They just have paperwork indicating she owes the money and they want it. Now that she has a good job, they garnished her pay check, further infuriating her. Read on for the results of this collection action and subsequent dustup! . . . (to read the remainder of this article, please log in below.)
If you are a current member, log in using the form below.
If you are not a member, we invite you to view the subscriber benefits at Membership Benefits
If you are a current member and have forgotten your password, enter your email address below, and your password will be emailed to you.
If your membership has expired and you wish to renew, visit the Membership Benefits Page.
Membership has its advantages
to CollectionForum.com gets you instant access
- Collection Letters in our easy-to-use download section that you can start to use today to begin tackling all your thorny collection issues
- Expert advice from from the leading experts on all aspects of collections
- Downloadable checklists to help you manage your collections
- Downloadable letters that are ready to go right away or easily modified to fit your situation
- Access to our excluse, members-only Collection Forum, where you can reach out to peers and experts to find solutions to your toughest collection and A/R issues.
- And much more!
Subscribe today and get all this and more. Just $99 and $12.95 per month thereafter.
Join now using our secure
online order form.