Collecting From Customers in Trouble
The resource you have requested is available only to current members.
"When customers are in trouble, they're usually embarrassed," says Debra L. Whitfill, CCE, corporate credit manager for Arizona Refrigeration Supplies Inc. (Phoenix). "They don't want to initiate a call to the credit department to discuss their problems. In addition, their self-esteem as businesspeople is often low. This adds to the pressures they're feeling." Furthermore, while many of these customers feel they might be able to make payments over a period of time, few feel comfortable taking the initiative to contact the credit department to suggest such an idea. "If they can't pay the whole amount immediately, they don't think there are any other alternatives," she explains. Learn: the three goals goals Debra has when she visits with a distressed customer; specific examples of payment alternatives she offers her customers; how she counsels customers; and the positive results - from both a financial and customer service perspective - from her approach. . . . (to read the remainder of this article, please log in below.)
If you are a current member, log in using the form below.
If you are not a member, we invite you to view the subscriber benefits at Membership Benefits
If you are a current member and have forgotten your password, enter your email address below, and your password will be emailed to you.
If your membership has expired and you wish to renew, visit the Membership Benefits Page.
Membership has its advantages
to CollectionForum.com gets you instant access
- Collection Letters in our easy-to-use download section that you can start to use today to begin tackling all your thorny collection issues
- Expert advice from from the leading experts on all aspects of collections
- Downloadable checklists to help you manage your collections
- Downloadable letters that are ready to go right away or easily modified to fit your situation
- Access to our excluse, members-only Collection Forum, where you can reach out to peers and experts to find solutions to your toughest collection and A/R issues.
- And much more!
Subscribe today and get all this and more. Just $99 and $12.95 per month thereafter.
Join now using our secure
online order form.